The newly reimagined Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 VC VXD G2 Lens is a class-leading compact and lightweight telephoto zoom for Sony feature VC Image Stabilization. Leading the list of improvements of the new G2 lens is the incorporation of TAMRON’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism. The lens maintains the maneuverability of class-leading compact size and weight while enabling shooting with greater stability.
The optical design has been revamped fto achieve uncompromising high image quality across the entire zoom range. The MOD is shortened at the wide end to 0.3m (11.8in) compared to the first generation 0.85m (33.5in), so that users can enjoy the unique photographic expressions distinctive to the lens. Additionally, the new 70-180mm zoom features the VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism for high-speed, high-precision auto-focusing that performs well for both stills and video.
The new lens supports the dedicated TAMRON Lens Utility and TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile apps that allow you to customize functions based on various shooting styles for still photography and video. The lens design improves operability and provides scratch resistance. This single lens combines profound maneuverability and practicality that is worthy of the G2 badge and will deliver shooting experiences that make a fast-aperture telephoto zoom lens even more enjoyable.
- Best-in-class size and weight even with the incorporation of VC
- Revamped optical design delivers truly superb performance at all focal lengths
- VXD provides high-speed and high-precision AF with vastly improved subject tracking
- Equipped with TAMRON’s proprietary VC mechanism
- Achieves MOD of 0.3m (11.8in) at 70mm and 0.85m (33.5in) at 180mm
- TAMRON Lens UtilityTM expands the possibilities of still photography and video shooting
- 9-blade Circular aperture to produce a smooth-edged bokeh
- Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, and Zoom Lock Switch