The Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 is a fast-aperture standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. The lens is the successor to the popular 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD. High definition and spectacular image quality are the key areas of advancements. Features a redesigned optical system but maintains a size similar to its predecessor. To minimize optical aberrations to an extreme degree, LD (Low Dispersion) and GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) lens elements are used in an optimal arrangement. The lens provides exceptionally good optical performance, edge-to-edge across the frame, throughout the entire zoom range, along with the soft, beautiful bokeh effects that are distinctive to fast-aperture lenses. Taken altogether, the enhanced features create a potent, everyday zoom lens that draws you a giant step closer to maximizing your enjoyment of photography.
- Versatile standard zoom designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 42-112.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Improved optical design increases resolution and enhances imaging performance.
- VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism provides fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range.
- Minimum focusing distance of just 7.1" and a 1:2.7 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects.
- Updated ergonomic design for improved operability.
- Connector port works in conjunction with Tamron Lens Utility software for customizing lens functions and updating firmware through the lens rather than through the camera.