Designed for Sony mirrorless cameras, this groundbreaking wide-angle zoom covers ultra wide-angle to standard focal lengths with a constant f/4 aperture and is ideal for both still photography and video recording.
It achieves excellent optical performance across the entire zoom range, with crispness from edge-to-edge.
The lens also incorporates TAMRON's VXD linear motor focus mechanism for superior quietness and agile performance and achieves high-speed and high-precision autofocus. The physical length of the lens does not change while zooming. It’s the perfect lens for taking still photos and is also ideal for video shooting, in part since it’s easy to balance even when attached to a gimbal stabilizer or other equipment.
The excellent close-range shooting performance provides an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.19m (7.5") at the wide end and 0.3m (11.8") at the tele end. The ideal “walk around” lens, the new TAMRON 17-50mm F4 offers great portability and convenience and makes it possible to shoot a variety of still and video content, from sweeping landscapes to snapshots, all without switching lenses.Features
- Zoom lens covering ultra wide-angle to standard focal length at constant F4 aperture
- High optical performance and image quality throughout the entire zoom range
- Compact for easy handling with internal zoom for superlative balance
- Fast and accurate AF for still and video shooting
- Outstanding close-range shooting performance expands versatility
- Proprietary software tool TAMRON Lens UtilityTM expands the possibilities of still imaging and video capture
- User-friendly features (Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating)
- 67mm filter size, same as most other TAMRON lenses for mirrorless cameras