The 150-500mm F5-6.7 is TAMRON's first ultra-telephoto zoom lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras that reaches the 500mm focal length and when used on APS-C mirrorless format cameras, the zoom range is an approximate 225-750mm full-frame equivalent. Even when extended to the 500mm telephoto end, the lens is still compact enough for comfortable handheld shooting. This zoom lets users enjoy casual shooting with steady performance and high image quality in the ultra-telephoto realm where conventional wisdom once dictated a tripod. To support handheld shooting in the ultra-telephoto range, the 150-500mm is equipped with VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive), a linear motor focus mechanism that delivers excellent quietness and agile performance, and TAMRON's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism for high-level image stabilization. At the 150mm end, the lens offers an MOD of 23.6” for powerful and dramatic close-ups.
- A hand-holdable full-frame 500mm lens that defies conventional wisdom
- Just 8.3” long with a maximum diameter of Ø93mm. And weighing only 60.8oz.
- Even when extended to the 500mm telephoto end, the lens is still remarkably compact at only 11.1
- Zooms from 150mm to 500mm by rotating the zoom ring through an arc of just 75° - less than one-quarter of a turn
- Designed and constructed with strong emphasis on compact size and usability without compromising image quality
- Amazing high image quality despite its compact size
- Exciting telephoto macro focuses as close as 23.6”
- MOD is 23.6” at the 150mm end and 70.9” at the 500mm telephoto end with Max. Mag. ratio 1:3.1 at 150mm
- VXD AF motor provides high speed, high precision, and excellent quietness
- VC mode selection switch with three settings
- Arca-Swiss compatible tripod mount with strap attachment holes included
- BBAR-G2 Coating minimizes ghosting and flare
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating
- Compatible with main camera-specific features and functions, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF