- Additional Information
Introducing the much anticipated flagship of the NIKKOR Z line-up, a one-of-a-kind manual focus 58mm lens with the largest aperture of any NIKKOR ever: f/0.95. Made possible by innovations of the Z mount, it achieves a new dimension of performance—vast depth-of-field control and elaborate bokeh for portraiture and video, superb point-image reproduction and low-light performance for night landscapes and astrophotography, outstanding resolving power for industrial and scientific applications—all in an immaculately constructed lens with precision feel and brilliant operability. Inspired by legacy. Built for the future. This is a masterpiece only Nikon could create.
- Z-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/0.95 to f/16
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Four Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- ARNEO, Nano Crystal, and Fluorine Coats
- Manual Focus Design
- Information OLED Panel and L.Fn Button
- Programmable Control Ring
- 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Slightly longer-than-normal prime is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras, however is also compatible with DX models where it provides an 87mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceedingly fast f/0.95 maximum aperture achieves an impressively shallow depth of field for dramatic selective focus effects and also benefits working in very low-light conditions.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Three aspherical elements, including one large-diameter ground aspherical element, are used to greatly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and accurate rendering. Additionally, the optical design has also been optimized for shooting at wider apertures and minimizes comatic aberrations and ensures even sharpness across the frame.
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats are used to prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions. The Nano Crystal Coat controls incidental light from a diagonal direction while the ARNEO Coat controls incidental light from a vertical direction. A Super Integrated Coating is also featured, to help ensure consistently accurate colors, as well as a fluorine coating, to repel dust, dirt, and moisture.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.6' away. Focusing operations is benefitted by an OLED information panel on the top of the lens, which displays focus distance, depth of field, and aperture setting information to help recognize lens settings and hyperfocal distances quickly and easily.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust aperture settings, but can also be used to control exposure compensation settings.
- Assignable L.Fn button works in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons to provide a seamless point for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- An 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a distinctly smooth bokeh quality that helps to emphasize separation and depth between your subject and background.
- Rotating tripod collar provides greater stability when working with this lens atop a tripod or monopod.