MrStarGuy's slip-on solar filters are designed to give you the best imaging experience, with the ease of simply attaching the filter onto the front of your telescope or camera lens. When you image through the MrStarGuy Solar Filter, the sun appears in neutral white delivering an exceptional observing experience with more detail than from other filters. Some films and glass filters produce blurry reddish or bluish solar images, which in turn, cuts part of the spectrum. With the StarGuy Solar filter photographers will see detail and sharpness across the field of view.
MrStarGuy Solar Filters are manufactured using Baader Film. The film is extremely tough and will not break or tear easily. The Baader film has a “wrinkled” surface. This does not affect the quality of the images you see or photograph. The “wrinkles” may actually improve the contrast of your images. There are a number of filters that stretch and smooth out the material, but this will impact the quality of your images. When stretched tight, the filter works like a glass un-coated filter, delivering inferior image quality and safety issues.
- Certified for Solar Viewing
- Change your nighttime viewing scope to a solar viewer
- Mounts on the front of the camera or telescope lens
- Three thumbscrews for a secure fit
Filter Housing Material: Lightweight aluminum alloy coated with a non-reflective finish
Filter Material: Baader Film
Front of a telescope or camera lens with an outside diameter of 125-155mm
- You should not use a photographic filter for visual observing of the sun.
- You can use a visual filter as a photographic filter, but your images may need longer exposures and may not be as sharp.
- Be sure to examine the filter before each use to assure there are no holes or tears.
- Cover your finder scope. Do not use this if you have no filter on the finder scope.
- Covering it ensures that no one looks through it accidentally.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes after affixing you filter to ensure that the filter and your equipment equalize temperature.
- If using an open tube telescope, cover the open section to ensure no light enters the sides which can cause damage to your instrument and the filter.
In The Box:
1 x MrStarGuy 125mm-155mm White Light Adjustable Solar Filter
*Please note, for your safety and that of your equipment, never look directly at the sun or point your camera at the sun without the correct solar filter.
**This item is non-returnable.