- Additional Information
The SIRUI VTJ-1.8 Video Travel Jib is a transportable camera crane which can be quickly and conveniently packed into the padded case, included. The tubes are made from 10 layer carbon fibre. This offers the following advantages over aluminium tubes: Weight reduction, greater stability and less vibration.
The crane can support cameras with a weight of up to 4.5kg. There are two mounting plates with 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch screws and a 75mm half bowl included. The 75mm half bowl is compatible with video heads (such as the SIRUI BCH-10 and BCH-20) or levelling half balls (such as the SIRUI RX-75B) with a 75mm diameter.
The counterweight is placed at the other end of the crane to ensure gentle camera movements. The counterweight is a rubber doughnut that can be filled with water (up to about 5 litres) or sand. Once the weight of the camera has been balanced with the counterweight, stunning 360° pans and/or 45° tilts can be made. Depending on the space or filming situation, the length of the crane can be adjusted from 1.27m to 2.13m (working length about 1.82m). The auto-levelling system keeps the camera horizontal and guarantees distortion-free images.
An additional platform for mounting a monitor is located on the centre axis so that you can see what your camera sees.
For maximum stability, the VTJ-1.8 should be mounted on a large, sturdy tripod without a centre column, such as the SIRUI RX tripods. With a weight of just 2.7kg, the VTJ-1.8 is a true all-purpose jib.
– For cameras or video heads up to 4.5kg with 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch threads or 75mm half ball
– Extra large locking knob for secure handling
– 360° pan and 45° tilt up and down
– Auto-levelling system – the camera always stays horizontal
– Counterweight – rubber doughnut that can be filled with water or sand (ca. 5l)
– Monitor platform on the central mounting point
– 56cm boom extension (from 66.6 to 122.6cm)
– Material: Aluminium, 10-layer carbon fibre tubes
Tripods with 3/8 inch connection
Cameras with 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch threads
Video heads with 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch threads or 75mm half ball