The New Standard For "Art F1.4" Large-Aperture Standard Prime
In addition to the brightness of the large F1.4 aperture and the large, beautiful bokeh effect, various aberrations have been optimally balanced in pursuit of uniform and balanced image quality throughout the entire image range, from the center to the edges of the frame. The result is the new "Art F1.4 50mm," a lens that is truly all-around capable in terms of expressive performance, maneuverability, and usability, and is designed to help photographers create their best work. Introducing the 50mm F1.4 DG DN | Art, SIGMA's ideal "standard" lens.
The "Art F1.4" standard with uncompromising optical performance
Based on the latest optical design technology, the lens incorporates 14 elements in 11 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 SLD glass element. The lens effectively suppresses various aberrations such as astigmatism and field curvature, which cannot be corrected in-camera. Despite the large aperture of F1.4, the image formation performance on the periphery of the image has been pursued and sagittal coma flare has been minimized to the extent that the lens can withstand even challenging star and night scenes, with demanding severe point light source imaging, from wide open. In addition to clear image quality with no color blur throughout the entire image circle, the large, natural bokeh beauty of F1.4 can be fully utilized in photography.
High-speed AF for nimble and comfortable shooting
The SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG DN | Art is the first in the Art line exclusively designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras to adopt the "HLA" linear motor (High-response Linear Actuator) . In addition, by using a single double-sided aspheric lens as the focus element, the lens offers fast and quiet focusing and high tracking performance despite its large aperture. With a maximum aperture of 1.4 and a high-performance AF system, the lens can be used in a variety of situations, including shooting in dark places, shooting moving subjects, snapshots, and even video.
High performance, yet slim and compact
The development of the SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG DN | Art was focused on slimming down the lens barrel by reducing the weight of a focus lens and optimizing the lens unit layout, to pursue the "optimum size" for mirrorless systems without compromising the "maximum emphasis on optical performance" concept of SIGMA's Art line. This lens has succeeded in achieving both top-class performance, and the size required for a light and mobile photographic tool.
Full range of functions and high build quality
The lens barrel is equipped with a Focus Mode switch, an Aperture ring click switch to turn the click on and off, an Aperture ring lock switch to prevent unintended operation, and an AFL button to assign any function from the camera. These features are designed for intuitive operation during shooting. The lens is equipped with a dust and splash resistant structure, and the front element of the lens is applied with a water and oil repellent coating, making it suitable for a wide range of shooting environments. The lens is compact, lightweight, and easy to use, while at the same time ensuring high build quality assured by the Aizu factory's reliable processing technology of "Made in Japan".
- The "Art F1.4" standard with uncompromising optical performance
- High-speed AF for nimble and comfortable shooting
- High performance, yet slim and compact
- Full range of functions and high build quality
- Lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups (1 SLD and 3 aspherical lenses)
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- HLA (High-response Linear Actuator)
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction
- Support for DMF, AF + MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Water and Oil Repellent Coating (front element)
- AFL button
- Focus Mode switch
- Support for switching between linear and non-linear focus ring settings
- Aperture ring
- Aperture ring click switch
- Aperture ring lock switch
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure
- Petal Type Hood with lock (LH782-02)
- Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately)
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA's proprietary MTF measuring system
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- "Made in Japan" craftsmanship