The Action X30 is designed for adventurous photographers looking for an efficient, fast access and compact backcountry camera bag. It's an efficient pack, built for action in foul weather, ever-changing environments and challenging terrain. The low-profile of the X30 will comfortably fit most non-gripped mirrorless and DSLR cameras (approximately 4.7 in or 13cm tall) via our Mirrorless Core Unit series.
Its roll-top access allows users to expand or compress the volume to the demands of the day. It features multiple attachment straps, including TPU compression straps for greater durability when attaching skis, and its removable helmet holder lets users secure mountaineering, ski or bike helmets to the outside of their pack. Action X's interchangeable and adjustable shoulder straps feature two zippered pockets to carry the latest iPhone Pro Max phones, a water bottle, or personal accessories.
The Action X25, X30, X40 and X50 feature side camera access and two removable tripod or water bottle pouches that can be moved to the belt location for instant access to key accessories like snacks and lenses, or removed completely to save weight. Two padded sleeves protect laptops and tablets up to 16 inches. Finally, the removable belt, luggage-handle pass-through and hidden AirTag sleeve make the Action X30 a stealthy and stylish partner in urban and travel environments.
In The Box:
- Adjustable Torso Height - The X30 has three height options with approximately 7 cm (2.7 in) of vertical adjustment. This means the same backpack can fit short or taller — male or female — torso heights, ensuring a custom fit for everyone. Those with taller or broader torsos can add our Booster Kit for greater range in torso fit.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System - The X30 utilizes our Mirrorless Core Unit series. Core Units provide shockproof protection for Mirrorless and DSLR cameras and lenses, and ensure a user never carries more padding and weight than necessary. The X30 v2 backpack can accommodate our Small, Medium, Large Mirrorless Core Units.
- Dual Laptop/Tablet Sleeves - Both rear and front panel padded sleeves fit a laptop up to 16 inches in size. Having two sleeves lets you pack both a tablet and laptop while providing options for various packing scenarios.
- Expandable Roll-Top Access - We gave the Action X series a roll-top access so the bag can be adjusted to your gear needs while maintaining a tight and compact fit. The roll top can expand with a volume range of 7 liters. The top section also has an additional quick-access YKK SplashGuard® zipper that makes getting at your gear extremely quick and easy, especially in foul weather.
- Hidden Tracking Device Sleeve - A new hidden sleeve holds a personal tracking device so you always know where your pack is. In the unfortunate scenario your pack goes missing, a tracker can assist in discovering its location and recovering your gear. The sleeve accommodates AirTag and Tile Pro devices.
1 x Shimoda Action X30 v2 Backpack - Yellow
1 x Helmet Holder1 x
Rain Cover*Note: This is the X30 backpack shell, Helmet Holder and Rain Cover only. Core Unit sold separately. Check Starter Kits for complete options, or choose the Core Unit best suited for your camera system.