Canon RF 10-20mm f/4 L IS STM Lens
The Canon RF 10-20mm F4 L IS STM Lens is an unique ultra-wide angle lens that gives you corrected, rectilinear coverage to an incredible 10mm with full-frame cameras. Great for still photography and videography, the 10mm ultra-wide angle effect is unparalleled for its dramatic look, lending visual appeal to your landscape, interior, architecture, travel, and even photojournalism images. This lens features true L-Series quality with optical and digital corrections for distortion, and optical image stabilization (OIS) for better low light performance, especially when shooting video. Autofocus is handled by a tried and true STM-type focus motor which actually allows the overall lens design to be more compact while still providing rapid AF and smooth focusing during video recording. In addition, this lens can acheive an image stabilization effect of 6.0 CIPA standard stops with coordinated IS. The front lens element is coated in Fluorine for added durability so you can eaily wipe away oils and fingerprints.
- RF ultra-wide angle lens for full-frame cameras – especially suited to a mirrorless design, this lens is compact, well-balanced and smaller than previous digital SLR ultra-wide lens designs.
- Incredible 10-20mm coverage for stills and video with full-frame EOS R series cameras.
- Excellent image quality: highlights include 1 super UD lens, 3 UD lenses, 3 aspheric lenses with Subwavelength structure coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) to reduce ghosting.
- Minimum focus distance of approx. 9.8 in./0.25m with a maximum magnification of 0.12x.
- Canon leadscrew type STM (stepping motor) focus drive, especially suited for smooth, quiet video AF operation.
- Optical image stabilization — up to 5.0 stops* of shake correction. Up to 6.0 stops Coordinated IS when paired with EOS R series cameras featuring In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS).
- Rear slot for pre-cut gel filters.
- Petal-type hood integrated into the lens barrel. *Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using the EOS R and R3 cameras.
The design of this lens is geared toward getting the job done efficiently with light weight, fast focusing, image stabilization, and a programmable control ring. There is even a petal-type lens hood built right into the barrel of the lens.
Capturing images at 10mm is already pretty special, but to do it in a lens that is lighter and smaller than even our own EF11-24mm f/4 L USM is quite a feat. The RF mount design allows for the possibility of this wider-angle lens range and is also a key factor in the size and weight reduction of the lens. This also enables the addition of IS (image stabilization) in a lens that otherwise might not be able to have it.
Excellent Image Quality
Again, thanks to the Canon RF lens mount, the RF10-20mm F4 L IS STM lens offers great optical quality. Its optical design includes one super UD element, three UD elements and three aspheric elements (including large-diameter aspheric and UD aspheric elements) as well as Subwavelength structure coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) to reduce ghosting. On top of that, this lens features the same dust- and water- resistance found on L-series lenses with seals around the Control ring, focus ring, zoom ring, operation panel, and lens mount.
Make Some Movies
The RF10-20mm F4 L IS STM lens has a lot of advantages and features when it comes to video. First, you can take full advantage of the 10mm focal length on full-frame cameras, and you can even shoot 4K 60p without crop mode. If you are shooting on an APS-C camera, you’ll have access to wider angles than you ever have before (coverage equivalent to a 16-32mm lens). Another video advantage is the fixed f/4 aperture, minimizing exposure changes while zooming.
Optical Image Stabilization — Up to 5.0 stops1 of Shake Correction
For consistently sharp results, the RF10-20mm F4 L IS STM features built-in optical Image Stabilization, providing enhanced shake reduction for up to 5.0 stops1 of shake correction. When paired with an EOS R-series camera that has In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), the Coordinated IS allows for up to 6.0 stops2 of correction. Steady hand-held video, and incredibly sharp still images, are the benefits of this new RF ultra-wide-angle lens.
1 At focal length of 20mm with EOS R. Yaw/Pitch directions only.
2 At focal length of 20mm with EOS R3. Yaw/Pitch directions only.
High-speed, Smooth and Quiet Autofocus
With any Canon EOS R-series camera, expect swift and positive autofocus. The STM leadscrew-type focus drive system is especially beneficial to video users, because of its combination of quiet operation and outstanding smoothness of focus changes during actual recording. And AF during still shooting is quick and equally quiet.
With a minimum focus distance of just under 10 inches you can capture some really incredible ultra-wide-angle close-ups for a look unlike anything else.