The NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S is the lightest, easiest-to-carry and most gravity-defying 800mm super-telephoto lens Nikon has ever created. Designed around Nikon’s proven Phase Fresnel (PF) element, it frees bird, wildlife, aviation and sports photographers to pack lighter, cover more ground and even shoot handheld on the move. Superb S-Line optics, powerful VR, fast, quiet autofocus, premium weather sealing and a weight balance optimized for fluid panning all combine in this marvel of lens design.
- Vibration Reduction: Achieves up to up to 5.0 stops(1) of compensation. When used with the Z 9, Synchro VR combines the in-lens and in-camera VR image stabilization systems for maximum results with 5.5 stops of VR compensation.
- Teleconverter Compatibility: The NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S is compatible with both the Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x and Z Teleconverter TC-2.0x which increases the super-telephoto reach to 1120mm and 1600mm respectively with outstanding resolution, no loss of focus points and no need for an additional accessory.
- Convenient size and weight: At a mere 5.25 pounds and just over 15 inches, the NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S is Nikon’s most mobile, comfortable-handling 800mm super-telephoto to date. The secret is Nikon’s proven Phase Fresnel element, which allows the lens to be lighter and shorter with fewer elements while maintaining pristine image quality.
- Ergonomic controls: Easily access every button and switch on the NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S. Two customizable Fn buttons, a Memory Set(2) button for setting focus position, control ring, manual focus ring and even a focus limit switch can be used without taking your eye off the viewfinder.
- Smooth panning: The center of gravity of the lens is positioned closer to the camera for fluid and accurate panning while using on monopods or handheld shooting.
(1) Based on CIPA Standard; in NORMAL mode; this value is achieved when attached to a mirrorless camera equipped with a 35mm film size image sensor.
(2) The cameras compatible with this function are the Z 9, Z 7II and Z 6II only at the timing of the product release. When using the function, the camera’s firmware update to the latest version is required.