Designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, the Panasonic Lumix S 50mm f/1.8 is a sleek and compact standard-length prime. Its 50mm focal length is ideally suited for portraiture, landscapes, and all-purpose shooting and provides a modestly bright f/1.8 maximum aperture for shallow depth of field control. An extra-low dispersion element and an ultra-high refractive index element reduce chromatic aberration and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy, and the lens provides excellent sharpness as well. A linear autofocus motor suppresses focus breathing and delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance. Made for tough environmental conditions, the lens also features a dust-, moisture-, and freeze-resistant design.
- Prime standard-length lens designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture offers control over depth of field and suits working in low-light conditions.
- Three aspherical lenses including an extra-low dispersion element and an ultra-high refractive index element reduce chromatic aberration and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Linear autofocus motor suppresses focus breathing and delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance.
- Benefitting professional video applications, linear focus ring control for mechanical-based follow focus systems moves the focus at a constant speed in accordance with the rotating angle of the focus ring.
- High resolution sharpness and performance to support 4K video.
- Smooth exposure changes by micro-step aperture control for video applications.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Dust-, moisture-, and freeze-resistant design for increased protection from the elements.