Fotodiox Premium-Grade 5-in-1 Reflector provides the ultimate in photo solutions in the studio and on location, eliminating the need for multiple reflectors, silks and solids. The reflector features a removable, reversible cover which allows for five uniquely functional surfaces: Silver, for crisp, cool fill, Soft-Gold for warmer fill, Black for eliminating unwanted reflections, and Solid White for softer fill or remove the cover completely and reveal a single translucent panel for soft, diffused lighting effects. The reflector allows you to quickly and easily make adjustments to your lighting in order to get the look you want. The purchase of a optional Reflector Arm w/ Universal Grip for a light stand or Reflector Armed Boom Stand is suggested to hold the disc where needed - especially if you are working without an assistant. Also, the disc is able to fold down to 1/3 its size and be stored inside the included carrying bag making it a breeze to transport and store.
Five Color Uses:
- Translucent - Used to diffuse light, producing a broad light source and a soft, wraparound effect that's perfect for outdoor portraits or whenever a softer light is needed. Filter direct sunlight to create a neutral soft white light, great for open area photography.
- White - Provides a neutral soft reflection useful for fill light. White produces an even, neutral-colored bounce light that works beautifully as a fill light source for both product shots and indoor/outdoor portraits. For minor enhancement of the shadow area, or can be used as a white backdrop for head shots.
- Silver - Offers a neutral color balance similar to the white but with a higher contrast, increasing specular highlights. It's perfect for video, product shots and B&W photography. Major enhancement of the shadow area creating high contrast images.
- Gold - Reflects a warmer light onto a subject, useful to enhancing skin tones for a more natural look or balancing a cool scene. Gold produces a natural, golden fill that is great for sunsets, jewelry, and indoor portraits. Major enhancement of the shadow area.
- Black - Block unwanted reflections and eliminate spill, diminishes unwanted reflections or color casts. Black can alter the contrast of an object and can be used as a black backdrop for head shots.