- Additional Information
- Includes optical spot, 150mm f/3.5 focusing lens, 8 gobos, gobo holder, gobo storage case, 5 color gels, gel ring clip, light mount, and travel case
- Creates precise, controlled, and creative lighting in the studio
- Ideal for selective lighting, dramatic special effects, subtle textures, and creative patterns on any subject, surface, or background
- Focusable lens projects a sharp-edged circle of light without discoloration or halo effect
- Adjustable metal leaves for projecting precise shapes and slices of light
- 5 gel filters with gel clip for adding color
- 8 gobo designs project a focusable image or pattern of light
- Attaches to a compatible light source using the included light mount
- Rated for 100W COBs and 600Ws strobes with LED or COB modeling lamp or the modeling lamp removed
- Access to an exclusive 40-minute video with Lindsay’s Top 5 Uses
- Variety of gobo and gel expansion packs available
Versatile Accessories & Video by Lindsay Adler
This versatile light modifier includes an Optical Spot, 150mm f/3.5 EF focusing lens with case, 8 gobo designs with holder and case, 5 color gels and gel ring clip, light mount, and travel case. An exclusive 40-minute video with Lindsay Adler’s Top 5 Uses of the Optical Spot is also included free with purchase!
Control the Focus & Shape of Your Light
The included high-quality 150mm f/3.5 EF lens projects a sharp-edged circle of light without discoloration or halo effect that can be focused or defocused for complete control. The Optical Spot includes four built-in adjustable metal leaves for creating precise shapes and slices of light on your subject or background.
Project Colors & Patterns on Your Subject or Surface
Create subtle or dramatic effects with the 8 gobo designs that project focusable images or patterns of light onto a surface or subject. Combine with a gel filter for adding color to your scene or model. Extension packs are available with a variety of gobos patterns and color gels options.
Expand the Potential of a Strobe or Constant Light
The Westcott Optical Spot can be used with a constant light or studio strobe, giving it the versatility to be used for stills or videos. The spot easily attaches to the front of a compatible light source using the included light mount. It’s rated for use with up to 100W COB LEDs and 600Ws strobes with an LED or COB modeling lamp, or with the modeling lamp removed. It has a max heat rating of 248°F (120°C)
Use and Care Instructions:
• Halogen or tungsten modeling lamps must be removed before use to ensure proper fitment, and to avoid product damage or personal injury due to excessive heat.
• The edges of the Optical Spot leaves are designed to achieve crisp edges. The leaves are very sharp and should be handled with caution.
• Allow Optical Spot to cool after use.
Materials: Aluminum, Glass lens
Lens: 150mm F3.5, Canon EF Mount
Lens Dimensions: 3.75" to 6.5" x Ø2.75"/ 9.6 to 16.4 x Ø6.9cm
Max. Light Wattage: Strobe: 600 W/s; COB LED: 100 W
Beam Angle: Up to 20°
Leaf Count: 4 (Adjustable)
Assembled Size: 10.5-13" x 6.5” (27-33.5cm x 17cm)
Gobos: (8) Sm. Circle, Md. Circle, Lg. Circle, Heart, Star, Traditional Window, Parallel Lines, Barcode
Gels: (5) Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow
Length: 13.0" / 33.0 cm
Width: 6.5" / 16.5 cm
Height: 6.5" / 16.5 cm
Weight: 2.9 lbs. / 1.3 kg
Warranty: One Year
In the box:
1× Westcott Optical Spot Body
1x Westcott Optical Spot Light Mount (Profoto Standard)
1× Westcott Optical Spot Lens with Cap (150mm f/3.5)
1× Westcott Optical Spot Lens Case
1× Westcott Optical Spot Gobos (8-Pack)
1× Westcott Optical Spot Gobo Holder
1× Westcott Optical Spot Gobo Storage Case
1× Westcott Optical Spot Gels (5-Pack)
1× Westcott Optical Spot Gel Ring
1× Westcott Optical Spot Travel Case