The EOS R5 builds off of the powerful legacy of Canon’s full frame cameras offering next generation refinements in image quality, performance and reliability. It’s an ideal choice for a large range of photographic and cinematographic environments from weddings, portraits, sports, journalism, landscape, cinematography and more.
Canon’s all-new 45 Megapixel full-frame sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K DCI cinematic movie capture with the ability to extract 35.4 Megapixel still images. Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5, providing impressive continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 frames-per-second and with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive of subjects. With 1,053 Automatic AF zones, it is easier than ever to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face or eye of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF. The 5-axis in-body image stabilization can effectively compensate for camera shake with approximately 8 stops of stabilization with use of both non-stabilized, and optically image stabilized lenses. Connectivity like 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, is also included.
- High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400*1.
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering Approx. 100% Area with 1,053 AF Areas.
- Subject tracking of People and Animals*2 using Deep Learning Technology.
- 8K RAW, 4K up to 120fps, 10-bit 4:2:2 with Canon Log or HDR PQ, Internal Recording in all Formats, with Auto Focus.
- In-body Image Stabilizer can provide up to 8 stops of Shake Correction*.
- Dual Card Slots for CFexpress** and UHS-II SD Memory Cards***.
- Built-in 0.5” 5.76 Million Dots OLED EVF with 120fps refresh rate^, Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen.
- 2.4/5Ghz Built-in Wi-Fi ^, Bluetooth^^ Technology.
- Enhanced Operating Controls.
- Optional Wireless File Transmitter and Battery Grip.
- Impressive Durability.
*1 For still images.
*2 Effectiveness varies depending on the subject. In some cases, dogs, cats or birds may not be detected, while some animals other than dogs, cats or birds may be detected.
* When combined with certain IS lenses such as the RF24-105mm F4 IS L USM, or when used with certain non-IS lenses as well.
** Type B compatible.
*** Some types of data cannot be saved on the SD memory card.
^1 Display may be grainier.
^ Compatible with iOS versions 9.3/10.3/11.2-11.4/12.4/13.2, Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1/8.0/8.1/9.0/10.0. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
^^ Compatible with select smartphone and tablet devices (Android™ version 5.0 or later and the following iOS devices: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen. or later, iPod Touch 5th gen. or later) equipped with Bluetooth version 4.1 or later and the Camera Connect App Ver. 2.5.10. This application is not guaranteed to operate on all listed devices, even if minimum requirements are met.