The Photek SoftLighter II 46" Umbrella takes light from your strobe head or monolight, reflects it into its white, silver, or gold panel, then softens it again with a diffuser on its way out.
This ultra soft umbrella includes one each gold and silver light enhancing discs. These light modifiers can alter the color of your light or give it more sparkle and contrast, as well as increasing light output by a half stop.
This 46" size is perfect for a 1 - 2 person head-to-waist shot, or 3x4 ft product setup. It will illuminate ~11 sq ft.
- Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface, more perfect circle of light - more flattering catch lights in the subject's eyes.
- The removable black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet, enhancing total light control.
- With removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the SoftLighter II becomes a "softbox" -- a shoot-through diffuser, providing light that can be used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill.
- Note: For mounting shoe mount flash units to the SoftLighter II a shoe mount light stand/umbrella adapter is necessary. Shoe mount flash units must be set to Manual because the entire flash will be inside the umbrella (unless the flash unit is equipped with a remote sensor).
- Note: For strobe use only -- not for use with hot lights, or modeling lights over 250 watts.