- Additional Information
With 32-bit float recording, the Zoom F3 effortlessly captures the quietest raindrops and the loudest explosions. Its small footprint allows for this recorder to be placed anywhere, as you capture and monitor up to 192 kHz of high-quality audio.
Focus on the Scene
When you're working in the field or on set, sound levels can fluctuate often and quickly. The F3 allows you to adapt to your scene without having to set the gain or worry about clipping. In post, you'll be able to work with your capture, regardless of extremely low or high levels.
Featuring the dual A/D converters and low-noise preamps found in our professional F-Series recorders, the F3 guarantees high-quality recordings in any setting or situation.
The F3 is built with durable side bars, standard tripod mount and slide-resistant rubber feet ensuring that you can mount it on your gear or hide it in any scene. It's sturdy metal casing and locking XLR connectors is designed for use in a variety of environments.
Monitor your recordings with seamless accuracy as the F3 displays your audio as real-time waveforms.
Record & Listen
The headphone output allows you to keep an ear on your recordings, plus a line output enables you to go to your camera or other gear.
All Day Capture
The F3 is well-equipped for long location shoots or remote fieldwork, with a variety of power options and massive storage.
With two alkaline AA batteries, take advantage of over eight hours of battery life.
Set yourself up for an unlimited charge via the AD-17 AC adapter or USB power supply.
Use a micro SD card up to 1TB to record over 180 hours of audio at the highest possible sample rate/bit-depth.
30' of Control
Versatile control options give your production more flexibility than ever. Stay out of the shot and record from a distance of up to 30-feet (10m) using the F3 control app for iOS and Android.
Audio Interface & Streaming
Connect your F3 to a computer or iOS device via USB as an audio interface and record or stream up to two channels in crystal-clear 24-bit/96 kHz resolution. The loopback function allows you to combine your computer's audio with the F3 inputs to complete the sound for your stream.
- 2-channel/2-track field audio recorder
- Featuring 32-bit float recording and dual AD converters for full dynamic range and clip-free audio capture
- 2 discrete inputs with locking XLR connectors
- Input signals can be monitored with realtime waveform display on LCD
- Compact and Durable (can be attached to boom mic with self-securing closure)
- High quality mic preamps provide a super-low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN)
- Record up to 192 kHz sampling/32-bit float WAV format, mono or stereo files
- Stereo 1/8" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated Volume control
- Records directly to microSDHC and microSDXC cards up to 1 TB
- Wireless iOS/Android remote control available through optional BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Use as 2-in/2-out USB audio interface (up to 24-bit/96 kHz)
- Over 8 hours of operation with two AA alkaline batteries
- Runs on only 2 standard AA batteries or AC adapter (AD-17) or USB battery pack
- Wireless timecode synchronization (Optional BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter and UltraSync Blue device by Timecode Systems are required)