- Additional Information
- 400 watt-second AC/DC strobe
- Universal radio trigger for many Canon, Nikon, Sony (with adapter), Fuji, Panasonic Lumix, and Olympus cameras and Canon RT flash systems (see compatibility chart)
- 480+ full-power flashes per charge
- 0.05 to 0.9 second recycle time
- Removable AC/DC lithium polymer battery
- Color temperature stability of 5500K (±150K) across entire energy range
- High-Speed Sync up to 1/8000s, TTL, and Rear Curtain Sync capable
- Continuous Capture up to 20 frames per second
- 6 groups and 16 wireless channels
- 9 F-stop energy range in 0.1 and 1.0 increments
TTL, High Speed Sync, Freeze Sync, and More
With an intuitive menu system and LCD color display, the FJ400 features Manual and TTL Flash Modes, High Speed Sync (HSS) up to 1/8000s, Freeze Sync up to 1/19000s, Continuous Capture up to 20 fps, Mask Function, Delay Function, Automatic Memory Recall, Rear Curtain Sync, Canon RT flash compatibility, group and channel assignment, Group Exposure Compensation, and much more. This strobe is firmware upgradeable via the included USB-C cable.
Say Goodbye to Brand Specific Triggers
Integrated with a FJ Wireless Flash System receiver, the FJ400 strobe provides unrivaled features including multi-brand camera compatibility and High Speed Sync (HSS), TTL, and more when paired with a FJ-X2m Universal Wireless Trigger or the FJ80 Universal Touchscreen Speedlight. These wireless transmitters easily mount to a camera's hot shoe and are compatible with most Canon, Nikon, Sony (with adapter), Fuji, Panasonic Lumix, and Olympus cameras. The strobe can also be controlled by a Canon RT transmitter.
Unrivaled Battery Performance
The removable lithium polymer battery provides both DC power for on-location freedom and AC trickle-charge performance when the state of charge is above 25%.
Consistent Color Temperature at Every Power Level
The FJ400 maintains a color temperature stability of 5500K (±150K) throughout its entire 9-stop output range, with flash increments of either 0.1 or 1.0 stops. It features a 20W 5600K LED modeling lamp with auto-adjust and independent output control.
Optimized for Light Modifiers
The extended flash tube provides optimal light output allowing for a wider, even spread for filling light modifiers. Equipped with a Bowens S-Type mounting system, the FJ400 is easy to pair with your favorite softbox. The FJ400 includes a Magnetic 5” Reflector, Magnetic CCT Gel Set (CTO, 1/2-CTO, Window Green, Diffusion, Gel Frame), and a Rapid Box Switch Bowens Insert that allows you to pair your strobe with any Rapid Box Switch light modifier. The built-in tilter bracket with a tension screw offers secure mounting and positioning of large umbrellas and modifiers.
Designed with Safety In Mind
The FJ400 strobe is equipped with onboard self-monitoring cooling fans and an automatic shutoff feature to ensure safe operation during use.
Quick and Compact Rapid Box Switch Softboxes
Constructed with solid aluminum umbrella-inspired framework, the design of the included Rapid Box Switch maximizes durability, minimizes weight, eliminates the need for separate support rods, and makes setup a breeze. Everything is simple, quick, and compact.
Store and Transport Your Strobe Kit with Ease
Equipped with a large, central storage compartment featuring removable dividers, the included backpack is ideal for traveling comfortably with your FJ400 gear. It features various zippered compartments for storing smaller accessories, a separate internal compartment with three padded sleeves for storing laptops and tablets, a convenient water bottle pouch, a tripod holder with retention straps and more.
FJ-X2m Camera Compatibility
The FJ-X2m trigger is compatible with any camera that has a hot shoe mount in manual mode. The following cameras provide TTL and HSS compatibility using the latest firmware update. Additional camera models are likely compatible, and will be added to this list as they are tested and confirmed.
*Compatible camera with minor HSS, TTL, and/or performance limitations that can often be offset with adjustments within the camera and/or FJ Wireless equipment settings.
What's In the Box:
- 1 × FJ400 Strobe
- 1 × FJ400 AC/DC Lithium Polymer Battery
- 1 × J400 Glass Dome (Gen 1, 3-Tab)
- 1 × FJ400 AC Power Adapter & Cord (US/CA Plug)
- 1 × FJ400 55-Degree Magnetic Reflector (FJ400/Bowens/Godox Mount)
- 1 × FJ400 Magnetic Gel Set (5.5" CTO, 1/2-CTO, Window Green, Diffusion, Gel Frame)
- 1 × FJ-X2m Universal Wireless Flash Trigger
- 1 × USB-C To USB-A Cable
- 1 × Rapid Box Switch Octa-S
- 1 × Rapid Box Switch Insert (FJ400, Bowens, Godox)
- 1 × Lite Traveler Backpack