- Additional Information
Weighing in at less than 7 oz (192 g), the new lightweight FE 50mm F1.8 "normal" prime lens (model SEL50F18F) delivers an outstanding blend of performance, compactness and value, making it a perfect choice for hobbyist photographers and videographers looking to experience the benefits of a wide aperture prime lens at an attainable cost.
The lens features a new optical design with an aspherical element that effectively compensates for all forms of aberration, resulting in beautiful, crisp imagery. Additionally, it has a circular aperture with a maximum of F1.8, producing beautiful 'bokeh' in images that allows the subject to stand out against a smoothly defocused background. For extended durability, the new prime lens is built with a solid metal mount
- Smooth defocusing: The F1.8 maximum aperture opens up a world of beautiful prime-lens bokeh. The large F1.8 maximum aperture is also an advantage when shooting night scenes or in dimly lit interiors.
- 7-blade circular aperture: The 7-blade circular aperture maximizes the beauty of large-aperture prime-lens, contributing to impressive images in which the subject stands out against a smoothly defocused background bokeh.
- Refined optical performance: The lens has an innovative optical design to achieve clear, high-quality images by effectively minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration. A double-gauss configuration effectively suppresses field curvature and distortion, while a precisely placed aspherical element controls spherical aberration and coma
- Solid Durability: Designed for reliability in a wide range of environments, the metal mount adds a sophisticated feel as well as solid durability.
- Fast, agile focusing: Fast and accurate autofocus is achieved with a newly developed DC motor focus actuator system which drives all lens groups for optimum focus precision and speed as well as quiet operation.