- Additional Information
Perfect for wildlife, sports, travel and more, the Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Lens is a compact, lightweight telephoto lens for EOS R Series cameras, offering a versatile zoom range that brings subjects closer with ease. The Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Lens is similar in size to the EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens, and not only reaches to 400mm, but also has fast Nano USM focusing and up to 6 stops of Coordinated IS when used in combination with an EOS R series camera featuring In-body Image Stabilization, like the EOS R5 and EOS R6, or 5.5 stops with an EOS R/RP camera. Using a single Ultra Low Dispersion lens element towards the front of the lens group corrects chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range, making your images look crisp and colorful with minimal color blur. The Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Lens can also accept both the RF1.4x and RF2x tele extenders giving you the effective maximum focal length of 560mm and 800mm respectively. With a control ring that allows for quick setting changes, including shutter speed and aperture, the Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Lens puts quality, convenience and control in your hands.
- Compact, lightweight and high-image quality RF tele zoom lens, with a versatile zoom range of 100-400mm.
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5.5 Stops* of shake correction.
- Up to 6 stops of shake correction** when paired with EOS R series cameras featuring In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS).
- Minimum focusing distance of 2.89 feet at 200mm and maximum magnification of 0.41x at 400mm.
- High speed, smooth and quiet autofocus with Canon’s Nano USM.
- 9-blade circular aperture for beautiful bokeh.
- Control Ring for direct setting changes.
- Compatible with optional Canon Extenders RF1.4x^ and RF2x^^.
What’s in the Box:
- RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Lens
- Lens Cap E-67II
- Lens Dust Cap RF
* Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Associations) standards. Testing performed at focal length of 400mm, using the EOS R camera.
** Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Associations) standards. Testing performed at focal length of 400mm, using the EOS R5 camera.
^ A focal length range of 140mm (wide) through 560mm (tele) is possible to be achieved using the Extender RF1.4x.
^^ A focal length range of 200mm (wide) through 800mm (tele) is possible to be achieved using the Extender RF2x.