The Portkeys LH7P is a cost-effective 7-inch monitor with wireless camera control capabilities, ideal for Sony and Blackmagic Design camera content creators. Thanks to a Polycarbonate and ABS construction, the housing of the LH7P is robust while staying highly lightweight for a monitor of this size, tipping the scale at only 245g/8.6oz (without battery). However, thanks to its daylight-viewable touchscreen, four user-assignable function buttons, three 1/4 “-20 mounting points at the bottom/left/right sides, and a full suite of professional monitoring tools, the LH7P will be a natural extension of your camera and camera rig, significantly improving your productivity on set.
The Portkeys LH7P has a maximum brightness of 1,000 nits, which is perfectly daylight-viewable. The 10-bit (8+2 FRC) panel makes color reproduction more accurate with a rich level of color details and no color banding. Also, the 7-inch display has a FullHD 1920 x 1080 resolution, a large viewing angle, and a 1000:1 contrast ratio. At the bottom of the monitor, you’ll find one 4K HDMI input and one FullHD HDMI output. The 4K HDMI input can take signals up to 4K DCI at 24p, 4K UHD at 30p, or FullHD 1080p at up to 60p. Lastly, the HDMI input of the LH7P supports 4K oversampling to 1080p, resulting in high-resolution, high-detail 1080p video.
At the back of the LH7P, you’ll find a built-in Sony NP-F-style battery plate that can power it for hours thanks to a low power draw of only 9W.
Also, the 5.5mm barrel connector 7-24V power input at the bottom of the monitor allows you to run your monitor via an external battery for an unlimited time. Lastly, the USB-A port can be used to load custom 3D LUTs, upgrade the monitor’s firmware, and triple as a USB power input/output port (max. 5V 2A).
The Portkeys LH7P is packed with all the monitoring features you can expect from a professional monitor, including:
- 3D LUT monitoring and 3D LUT HDMI output. You can load custom LUTs via the USB port at the bottom of the monitor and the included USB key.
- ARRI False Color mode and user-defined mode. When you use the user-defined mode, you can freely set the IRE values.
- A new Peaking algorithm with a Peaking Frame feature so your camera’s UI can stay clear.
- Cropping feature to precisely zoom wherever you want inside the image.
- Framing guides, grids, aspects, and Auto image flip.
- Image Capture and Image Overlay. Image Capture takes a snapshot of the HDMI video input (combined with a LUT if desired) and saves it to the monitor’s memory. Then, you can set the transparency/opacity of the Image Overlay. This feature is helpful for shot matching (continuity) or a quick overview of the day’s shots.
- Anamorphic image de-squeeze with all the standard ratios (1.33x, 1.5x, 2.0x) and the possibility to enter a custom aspect ratio from 0.25 to 4.0x.
- Stretch leg tool: when shooting vertically, you can stretch the bottom part of the image. The stretch leg tool feature can be sent to the HDMI output.
- Sharpness, chroma, brightness, backlight, tint, and color temperature adjustments.
- As a monitor with built-in wireless camera control capabilities without any exterior antenna, the Portkeys LH7P can control various Sony and Blackmagic Design cameras.
The built-in 2.4 GHz WiFi module can connect wirelessly to Sony cameras, including the Sony A7S III, A7 IV, A7M IV, A7M III, A7R V, A7R IV, A1, A9II, A7C, FX3, FX30, RX0, RX10, ZV-1, ZV-E10. You can change your camera settings directly from the left side of the touchscreen monitor, including ISO/Aperture/Shutter/Zoom/Frame Rate settings. You can start the camera recording instantly from the LH7P and even touch it to focus.
On top of the WiFi module, the Portkeys LH7P also sports a built-in Bluetooth module. You can connect the monitor via Bluetooth to Blackmagic Design cameras and control the BMPCC 4K, 6K, and 6K Pro with camera control capabilities.
- 7-inch, 10-bit panel with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a 1000:1 contrast ratio.
- Daylight-viewable with a maximum brightness of 1,000nits.
- Supports 4K oversampling to 1080p.
- Professional monitoring tools: Waveform, Vectorscope, Anamorphic, Peaking, ARRI False Color.
- Four user-assignable function buttons.
- Built-in Sony NP-F style battery plate. Low power draw of only 9W.
- Customized peaking range(Peaking Frame).
- Custom JPG picture custom freeze frame.
- Custom rectangular image crop.
- Wireless camera control for Sony and Blackmagic Design cameras.
- Lightweight: only 245g/8.6oz.
In The Box:
Portkeys LH7P 7" High-Bright Touchscreen Monitor with Wireless Control - Black
Micro-USB Flash Drive
Portkeys LH7P Specs: