The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S is the ultimate lens for capturing decisive moments in sports, action and wildlife. The speed and versatility of an f/2.8 aperture with 400mm of super-telephoto reach, plus a built-in 1.4x teleconverter to increase it to 560mm. Exceptional S-Line optics with immense detail and groundbreaking anti-reflection performance. Fast, silent autofocus and 5.5 stops of optical VR. All in a balanced, lightweight design optimized for hardworking professionals. This is a super-telephoto masterpiece.
- Teleconverter Built-in: The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S has a built-in 1.4x teleconverter which increases the super-telephoto reach to 560mm with outstanding resolution, no loss of focus points and no need for an additional accessory.
- Vibration Reduction: Achieves up to up to 5.5 stops(1) of compensation. When used with the Z 9, Synchro VR combines the in-lens and in-camera VR image stabilization systems for maximum results.
- Autofocus: The lens utilizes the new Silky Swift VCM(2) Autofocus to achieve higher speed, higher accuracy, and quieter operation. Drive sound is intensively suppressed to an almost-silent level, advantageous for shooting in places where silence is required and for video recording.
- Anti-glare performance: Experience the highest anti-reflection performance and backlight tolerance in NIKKOR history. Nikon’s innovative Meso Amorphous Coat blocks the utmost limit of incident light from any direction, while ARNEO Coat adds extra protection against vertical incident light. Shoot into direct sunlight with virtually no ghosting or flare.
- Ergonomic controls: Every button and switch on the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S is carefully placed for comfortable, no-look operation. Customizable Fn buttons, a new Fn ring and Memory Set button for recalling focus position, control ring, manual focus ring and teleconverter switch can be used without taking your eye off the viewfinder.
1 Based on CIPA Standard; in NORMAL mode; this value is achieved when attached to a mirrorless camera equipped with a 35mm film size image sensor.
2 WARNING: Do not use this product if you have a pacemaker or other medical device. The magnet or magnets in this product could cause medical devices to malfunction.