- Additional Information
- If both your lens supports optical image stabilization (OIS) and your camera supports sensor-shift, in-body image stabilization (IBIS), the choice is yours on which one to use, or have both of them work in harmony.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lenses.
- Custom function button (called Focus Hold button) assignable to more than 50 functions, such as Aperture Preview and Eye-AF, on A7 series, A6300 and A6500.
- Dedicated switch controls in-body image stabilization (IBIS) on Sony cameras eqipped with SteadyShot INSIDE.
- Sony E-mount teleconverter support.
- Compatible with Sony FS7 Mark II camera.
- Cinema EOS lens (CN-E) support, including power zoom, AF and auto iris.
- Rubber gasket protects E-mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Detachable tripod foot, compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Fast contrast-detection AF on all E-mount cameras.
- Pure phase-detection autofocus support on A7RII, A7II, A6300 and A6500 (fastest).
- Supports 5-axis in-body image stabilization of A7II, A7RII and A7SII. (Distance information from lens required; 3-axis IBIS if lens does not transmit distance information.)
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- LED indicator shows operation mode, OIS (optical image stabilization) activity and communication status.
- Efficient switched-mode power supply.
- Supports image stabilization (IS) lenses.
- Supports electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
- EXIF support (focal length, aperture, lens name)
- Distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders, A7 series, A6300 and A6500 (lens with distance information support required).
- Auto magnify (lens with distance information support required)
- Auto APS-C Size Capture" on full-frame cameras with Canon EF-S lenses and many third party DX lenses.
- Felt material flocked inside the opening to reduce internal reflection.
- Fits both EF and EF-S lenses. (Vignetting at corners may occur with certain EF-S lenses because they are designed to cover a 1.6x crop image circle but Sony APS-C has a 1.5x crop factor.)