The bigger brother of the Basic Riser MK3, Basic Riser XL offers added height, rigidity, and a larger baseboard to work with practically any camera/lens combination for scanning up to 4x5 inch film. Pro features, basic price.
With a maximum riser height of 26 inch, the Basic Riser XL is capable of scanning 4x5 with up to ~90mm full frame equivalent focal lengths, 120 film with over 100mm full frame equivalent focal lengths and 35mm film with nearly any popular macro lens. It’s designed to support professional systems such as the Canon 1DX and Nikon D5 (or similar), large mirrorless cameras such as the Leica SL, Canon EOS R3 and Nikon Z9, and anything smaller. It will even support most digital medium format systems.
The baseboard is 3.5 inches longer than what you’ll find on the Basic Riser MK3 so it can accommodate gripped DSLR and Mirrorless cameras with ease.
The head is similar to what you’ll find on our Pro Riser MK3 with a secure mounting system that uses a t-handle to securely mount your camera. There is a window on the side of the head that gives easy access to the 1/4-20 mounting point and a locking knob on the back of the head to keep it at the height you set. The central column is anodized and quickly attaches to the black powder coated, solid steel base with stainless steel hardware.
Hand-built by the Negative Supply team of craftspeople in California, this device is based on the proven design of our Pro Riser MK3 and as such works to ensure a robust and rewarding film scanning workflow.
- 26 inch maximum camera height
- 11.25 x 14.75 inch black powder coated solid steel baseboard with far higher stability than previous generation aluminum baseboards
- Scan 35mm or 120 film with nearly any macro lens and 4x5 film with up to ~90mm full frame equivalent macro lenses
- Anodized metal central column and hybrid carbon fiber composite and aluminum head design for industry leading rigidity
- Nylon and carbon fiber reinforced head design for smooth camera rise and fall
- Bolt on rubber feet for better grip and dampening
- Improved head design with integrated 1/4-20 camera mounting point and window for camera mounting borrowed from Pro Riser MK3
- Identical central aluminum column from Pro Riser MK3 for extra strength
- Supports nearly any mirrorless or DSLR camera and most medium format systems
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS (L x W x H):
11.25 x 14.75 x 26.5 inch (max riser height - 26 inch)