About Atomos Shogun HDR
Shogun Ultra is your gateway to amazingly fast and productive cloud workflows. So much more than a super-bright monitor recorder, it takes you to new heights of productivity and collaborative creativity. Work faster, work better.
Capture Every Nuance
All the connectivity you’ll ever need
- Solid Internet - Network connectivity with Wi-Fi 6E and GigE.
- Wireless Sync - Long-range robust wireless sync and control with AirGlu RF.
- Third-party Sync - Third-party sync and app control with Bluetooth AirGlu BT.
- USB-C Port - For future updates.
- More Power Options - Multiple power options with NP battery slot and separate 2.1mm locking jack DC input.
- SDI Out - Separate SDI Out for comprehensive SDI<>HDMI cross-conversion.
Super bright screen
Shogun Ultra’s super-bright, large 7-inch screen is viewable in almost every kind of light. Indoors, outdoors, or anywhere you need critical, viewable, instant feedback on your images. With 2000 nits brightness, it’s ideal for checking your HDR footage while you’re still on set. Or play back your recently captured shots on the same pristine screen for review or even uploading to the cloud.
Choose your workflow
Shogun Ultra has two faces: Local and Cloud. Use it conventionally, and you have an incredible HDR screen, new monitoring tools and both HDMI and 12G-SDI. Turn on its wireless and network capabilities, and you have access to new and productive cloud workflows like camera to cloud and Atomos Edit. You can even edit your project in the cloud and publish directly to social media within minutes of shooting the action.
Enhance your camera
Shogun Ultra can capture RAW inputs up to 8K at 30fps, 6K at 60fps and 4K at 30fps and simultaneously output a standard viewable video signal via HDMI or SDI for devices that don’t support RAW formats. With a super bright 2000nit 7-inch SuperAtom IPS touchscreen for clear images and easy accessibility to the features in AtomOS, Shogun Ultra has a new operating system and user interface.
The Ultimate Shogun
In addition to network and SDI connectivity, you get access to super-efficient cloud workflows, and you can cross-convert between HDMI and SDI. Take advantage of the new, ultra-fast and reliable WiFI 6E for more stable connections. Shogun Ultra, which can be remote-controlled over Bluetooth with AtomRemote App, is the most practical and affordable way to stream, transfer and edit in the cloud.
Capture simultaneously up to 4K 60p ProRes RAW and HD 60p H.265
Record full-quality files in ProRes RAW up to 4K 60p while at the same time recording HD 60p to H.265. It’s the best of both worlds. Boost your productivity by storing your definitive copy in ProRes RAW ready for your post-production workflow, and use your H.265 copy for your camera to cloud activities.
The new Shogun line includes these codecs free of charge, so you can choose the ideal codec for your projects.
- Apple ProRes
- Apple ProRes RAW
- DNx (QuickTime)
- DNx (MXF)* coming later in 2023
Original camera filenames over SDI
Automatically match filenames, timecode and record triggers from ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony cameras. Previously, camera to cloud relied on matching filenames with hero and proxy files made by AtomOS. Now, thanks to cooperation with ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony, Atomos C2C files are matched back to the original in-camera (OCF) filenames.
Any camera, any format. Anywhere
Pair Shogun Ultra equally well using SDI or HDMI with smaller cameras as part of a minimal setup or with full-size camera rigs on large-scale productions. Shogun Ultra is made from precision materials with a solid aluminium frame, crafted for maximum durability. Weighing only 360g (0.79lbs), you can use it comfortably with a handheld camera. Shogun Ultra includes anti-rotational ⅜ – 16 mount points on the top and bottom. It ships with a ¼ – 20 adaptor for easy mounting on industry-standard equipment from a wide range of manufacturers.
Stream from Anywhere
Shogun Ultra supports live streaming to a range of online services including Facebook Live, Twitch, YouTube, and custom RTMP/S. With Wi-Fi 6E, Gigabit Ethernet, and the ability to join cellular hotspots all built-in, Shogun Ultra helps filmmakers, streamers, and video content producers reach their audience from anywhere.
A highly secure mount
From individuals to large-scale cinema productions, Shogun Ultra has been built to fit into any camera rig. It features a versatile mount that can be adapted to suit different industry-standard equipment from a wide range of manufacturers. Once locked in place the mount is highly secure and offers anti-rotation settings, so you can trust Shogun Ultra to remain in place at all times.
- 7" 2000nit monitor-recorder
- Capture in ProRes RAW up to 8K 30P, 6K 60P & 4K 120P
- Flexible codec choice - ProRes RAW, ProRes, DNxHD & H.265 (HEVC) - all for free!
- New AtomOS 11 improves memory management, boosts responsiveness, and unleashes new features
- New monitoring tools to arrange in advance recording and playback with Record Assist and Playback Assist
- Additional advanced industry leading suite of monitoring tools with one-touch operation like SegmentPro, EL Zone System, ARRI False color added in combination with other monitoring tools like Vector scopes, Zebra, Atomos False Color, Onion Skin, etc
- 12G SDI INand OUT and HDMI IN and OUT
- Bi-directional HDMI<=>SDI input conversion with simultaneous SDI & HDMI outputs
- Long range ATOMOS AirGlu sync technology for wireless timecode via RF and Bluetooth LE
- Connectivity to Atomos Cloud Studio gateway of services
- Dual RAW record for Camera to Cloud workflows - capture up to 4Kp60 ProRes RAW & HDp60 H.265 simultaneously
- SDI Cine new feature for automated matching filenames, timecode and record trigger from ARRI, Canon, RED and Sony SDI cameras
- Publish directly from the cloud with 4K H.265 Camera to Cloud mode
- 1GbE Ethernet for high-speed robust hardwired network connection
- Faster and stronger connectivity with Wi-Fi 6E
- Share what's on your Atomos screen with other AtomOS11 users, as well as, iPads, Macs and Apple TVs wirelessly in the same premises or anywhere in the world with Atomos Remote View
In The Box:
Atomos Shogun Ultra 7" HDR Monitor-Recorder (Suports 8K RAW)
USB-C PD to 2.1mm DC Power Lead
2 x Wi-Fi Antenna
Antenna Tip Set
3.5mm Audio Cable
Construction & Control:
Video Signal Conversion:
Timecode / Sync:
Resolution & Frame Rates Maximum (Record, Monitor & Playback):
On screen tools:
Onboard Signal Processing:
External Device Control: