- Additional Information
MKX50-135mmT2.9 is the first fully manual cinema lense to be compatible with the X Series interchangeable lens camera lineup. In the 35mm format equivalent, MKX50-135mm covers a focal distance from 76mm to 206mm covers a focal distance from 27mm to 84mm. Combined with X Series’ unique color reproduction technology, MKX lenses further enhance the range for professional video shooting.
Advanced Optical Performance, Packed into a Compact and Lightweight Lens Barrel
- MKX18-55mm uses an optical construction comprising 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with six super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements. MKX50-135mm uses 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with two super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements.
- They have T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range which facilitates the increasingly popular style of bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field. This also eliminates the need to re-adjust lighting, contributing to shortened shooting time.
- The MKX lenses achieve advanced edge-to-edge optical performance despite their compact and lightweight body by incorporating the benefits of short flange focal distance of X Mount into optical design to the maximum extent.
- The electrical contact feature of these lenses allows for communication with X Series cameras, and not only corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading, but also achieves various color expressions with Film Simulation modes.
Optimum Optical and Mechanical Design for Shooting Video
- The front focusing group of lens elements and the zooming group of lens elements are driven
independently from one another to suppress focus shift while zooming, which eliminates the need to re- focus after zooming in or out. The optical and mechanical approach means there is no time lag as seen in an electrical control system.
- The use of the front inner-focusing system controls lens breathing (change of angle of view during focusing) which achieves smooth focusing.
- Manufacturing technology developed for conventional FUJINON cine lenses is applied to control optical axis shift while zooming, achieving intended composition every time.
Comfortable, Standardized Design for Ease of Operation
- The focus ring features a rotation of a full 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing.
- The lenses feature three fully manual rings to enable independent adjustment of focus, zoom and iris
(aperture). This enables intuitive operations which cannot be attained with an electrical mechanism that
typically causes time lag.
- All operation rings have a gear pitch of 0.8M, the same as all other FUJINON cine lenses, which allows
the use of all standard third party accessories for video production.
- The iris supports seamless adjustment that is free of clicking. This enables precise and silent exposure
adjustment while also preventing camera shake caused by clicking.
- Only one matte box between the lenses is needed with an 85mm front diameter.
- Only one filter size between the lenses is needed with a filter thread of 82mm.
- The gears for the three rings are positioned in the same place so as to eliminate the need to re-position
accessories when switching lenses.
- The lenses have a macro function that allows shooting close-up to broaden the range of scenes that
can be covered with one lens.
- The lenses feature a Flange Focal Distance adjustment function to achieve optimum camera and lens
matching, bringing out the lenses' full optical performance.