With a fast f/2.8-4 aperture, VR image stabilization and Nikon advanced lens technology, the AF-S DX 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Zoom Lens covers wide-angle to portrait views with absolutely brilliant image quality. An ideal lens for documenting daily life, conveying a sense of place, blogging, low light, HD video and much more.
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 24-120mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Four ED and Three Aspherical Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Fluorine-Coated Front and Rear Elements
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR Image Stabilization
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- On a DX-format camera, it's zoom range is equivalent to Nikon 24-120mm FX lens (35mm format), a staple in many pro camera bags.
- Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates glare, while extra-low dispersion glass and aspherical elements reduce color aberration and enhance sharpness and contrast. Capture vibrant colors, rich tonality and a level of detail that's staggering. 4 stops of vibration Reduction - in low light situations,
- The 16-80mm's VR image stabilization lets you shoot handheld up to 4 shutter speeds slower to gather more of the available light without causing blur. There's even a specialized tripod VR mode, a first for this zoom range*, that eliminates the effects of tripod vibration.
- High-speed electromagnetic diaphragm - Nikon DX and FX DSLRs can freeze action with fast continuous shooting speeds; this lens can keep up. A specialized electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism operates in precise sync with the camera's shutter for reliable exposure control during high-speed sequences.
- Nikon innovative protective Fluorine Coat - making it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges, The front and rear lens elements have Nikon exclusive Fluorine Coat. This extraordinary Protective coating technology has to be seen to be believed.