Launching X Series mirrorless digital cameras into its fourth generation, the FUJIFILM X-T3 features an all-new back-illuminated 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 processor. Delivering superb image quality, dramatic AF performance, excellent tracking performance of fast-moving subjects and blackout-free burst shooting, the X-T3 is also the first APS-C mirrorless camera capable of 4K/60P 10bit recording to meet the needs of professional videographers.
Fourth Generation Sensor and Processor
Featuring the fourth generation X-Trans CMOS 4 and X-Processor 4, the FUJIFILM X-T3 boasts the highest performance in the history of X Series. Utilizing the unique color filter array of X-Trans CMOS sensors to control moiré and false colors, it adopts the first, back-illuminated structure with increased phase detection pixels distributed across the surface to improve image resolution without compromising signal to noise ratio. With the X-T3, ISO160, previously available in the X Series line only as extended ISO, is now part of the normal ISO range, perfect for use in daylight with outdoor shooting or when trying to achieve bokeh with a fast, large-aperture lens.
The new X-T3 debuts the X-Processor 4 processor which features a Quad Core CPU to achieve a processing speed 3 times faster than current X Series models. Providing incredible AF accuracy and speed, the processor is also the first to deliver 4K/60P 10bit output, fulfilling the performance needs of professional videographers. It is also capable of implementing complex image processing tasks in an instant, such as the unique FUJIFILM Color Chrome Effect or Monochrome Adjustment function.
Exceptional Autofocus and Viewfinder Performance
With the X-T3, AF performance receives a dramatic improvement from previous X Series products, increasing the phase detection AF area to the entire frame with 2.16M phase detection pixels providing fast and accurate phase detection AF. The low-light phase detection AF limit has been increased over the X-T2 by 2 stops, from -1EV to -3EV, making it possible for photographers to accurately focus in low light conditions, perfect for night photography.
Furthermore, the X-Processor 4’s high processing speed and excellent phase detection algorithm means the camera refocuses (AF) and meters (AE) 1.5 times more frequently than the X-T2, to enable accurate autofocus even when shooting scenes that present fast, erratic movements across the frame, such as sports photography. The performance of Face Detection AF on a moving person has also been improved. Eye Detection AF now supports the AF-C mode to maintain accurate focus tracking even in portrait photography involving movements. Face and Eye Detection AF is also available during video recording to achieve smooth filming of subjects.
The X-T3 offers photographers incredible viewfinder performance, with the ability to now track a moving subject using a 3.69-million-dot high resolution EVF with a high magnification ratio of 0.75x. Further, the X-T3 allows continuous shooting of 11fps using the mechanical shutter without the optional vertical battery grip, enabling fast, continuous shooting while maintaining a low weight.
Enhanced Professional Video Performance
The X-T3 is the first mirrorless digital camera capable of internal SD card 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit recording and the first mirrorless digital camera with APS-C or larger sensor that is capable of 4K/60P 4:2:2 10bit HDMI output. Supported video formats include the widely-used H.264/MPEG-4 AVC as well as H.265/HEVC for exceptional data compression, which enables the use of high 200Mbps bitrate as well as simultaneous HDMI output while recording. There has been an increase in the X-T3 sensor’s read speed from that of the X-T2, to enable fast 17msec reading of 4K/60P video, and a reduction in the rolling shutter distortion for smooth replay of a fast-moving subject. 10bit color depth for video boosts the amount of color information 64 times compared to 8bit, and is combined with approximately 12 stops dynamic range to enable capture of subjects with rich gradation of color.
Also introduced in the X-T3 is a new noise reduction algorithm and 4K inter-frame noise reduction, and the minimum sensitivity for shooting F-Log footage has been lowered from ISO800 to ISO640, further enhancing the camera’s performance to meet the needs of videographers.
Designed for Ultimate Operability
Inheriting the popular design of the X-T2, dials are positioned on the top panel, and the camera features a central viewfinder and excellent grip design for stability and comfort. The X-T3 also incorporates enhancements to its design, including a lockable EVF diopter adjustment to prevent unintended adjustments while carrying the camera, and a touchscreen panel with higher contrast, wider viewing angles and better functionality for more intuitive operation. In addition, the X-T3 offers larger top-panel dials than the X-T2, and larger rear-panel buttons and a more pronounced press function of the front and rear command dials, as found on the X-H1.
X-T3 Vertical Battery Grip
The Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT3 is designed to be dust-resistant, water-resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C/14° F, and holds two additional batteries to increase the maximum number of shots to 1,100 (in normal mode). The grip features a shutter release button, focus lever, AE-L button, AF-L button, front and rear command dials, Q button and Fn button to provide the same level of excellent operability with vertical shooting as with horizontal.
• 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 Sensor with primary color filter
• X-Processor 4 Image Processing Engine
- Capable of 4K/60P and 10bit output Features 4 CPU units
- Startup time of 0.3 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.045 seconds
• High-precision, 0.5-inch, 3.69 million dot OLED color viewfinder
- Viewfinder magnification of 0.75x
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38o and horizontal 30o)
- Display time lag of just 0.005 seconds, refresh rate of approx. 100fps
• Robust magnesium alloy body
• Continuous Shooting
- Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop] (JPEG: 60 frames Lossless compression RAW: 35 frames Uncompressed RAW: 33 frames)
- Approx. 11fps (JPEG: 145 frames Lossless compression RAW: 42 frames Uncompressed RAW: 36 frames)
- Approx. 5.7fps (JPEG: endless Lossless Compression RAW: 62 frames Uncompressed RAW: 43 frames)
- Pre-shot: Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop] (max. 20 frames while half press, max. 20 frames after full press, total max. 40 frames)
• Movie Recording (using a card with the UHS Speed Class 3 or higher)
- MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, Audio: Linear PCM / Stereo sound 24bit / 48KHz sampling)
- All Intra/Long-GOP can be used with the following settings:
DCI4K/4K 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 400Mbps
Full HD(2048×1080)/Full HD(1920×1080) 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps
File Size/Frame Rate/Recording Time
- DCI 4K(4096×2160)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 400Mbps/200Mbps/100Mbps 59.94p/50p: up to approx. 20min. 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p: up to approx. 30min
- 400Mbps/200Mbps/100Mbps 59.94p/50p: up to approx. 20min. 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p: up to
- Full HD(2048 ×1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up
to approx. 30min.
- Full HD(1920×1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to
- Full HD(1920×1080) High speed rec.] 120p/100p 200Mbps (recording) up to approx. 6min.
- Recording movies in 400Mbps can be done with DCI4K/4K 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p.
- DCI4K 59.94p/50p is not available when H.264 is selected.
- For recording movies, use a SD memory card with UHS Speed Class 3 or higher. For recording
movies in 400Mbps, use a SD memory card with Video Speed Class 60 or higher.
• LCD Monitor
- 3.0 inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1.04 million dots touch screen color LCD monitor (approx. 100%
• Bluetooth® Ver. 4.2 low energy technology
• 16 Film Simulation Modes
- PROVIA/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, ASTIA/Soft, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg. Hi, PRO Neg. Std, Black & White, Black & White +Ye Filter, Black & White +R Filter, Black & White +G Filter, Sepia, ACROS, ACROS +Ye Filter, ACROS+R Filter, ACROS+G Filter, ETERNA/Cinema), B & W Adjustment: -9~+9
- Additional Information