Glazer’s is a leading photo specialty retail establishment for photo and video equipment, for professionals and enthusiasts alike. We are passionate about supporting our customers and community and helping them pursue their creative goals. We carry an extensive range of the best brands in the photography industry today, offer a wide range of educational opportunities, and have one of the largest rental departments in the country.
We seek an energetic, talented, and creative Social Media and Event Coordinator to join our Marketing Team. For this blended role, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of our social media, collaborating on content creation, and event planning for our organization. This includes taking direction from the brand manager to develop and execute social media campaigns, managing social media accounts, planning and executing events, working with vendor reps, coordinating budgets, and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. This is a highly collaborative role, this position requires initiative and working in a team environment with our leadership, brand manager, sales staff, and vendor partners.
In this role, candidates will actively partner with vendor reps for engaging programming, collaborate with creatives for fee-based learning, and produce programming from concept through to completion. Daily responsibilities are met all while organizing classes and events and maintaining Glazer’s social media presence that meets quality expectations. Daily check-ins with the marketing team are required as our tasks, duties, and projects often overlap.
- Work with the brand manager to develop and execute a social media strategy that builds our brand awareness and drives engagement with our followers.
- Manage all social media accounts and collaborate to create compelling, innovative content that resonates with our target audience.
- Work with brand manager to program Glazer’s keystone events such as PhotoFest, and Anniversary Sale, as well as plan year out for key events.
- Liaise with class, event partners, and attendees to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to plan, execute and evaluate events that align with Glazer’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinate all aspects of event planning including budgeting, vendor reps, presenters, on-site logistics, and follow-up.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendor reps to ensure events are successful and meet or exceed expectations.
- Communicate with marketing and purchasing teams on events and relay key information to point people.
- Open events by introducing presenters and speakers during in-person and online events when necessary.
- Work outside store hours for the occasional evening or early events when necessary.
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre-and post–event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Research the market, and identify event opportunities that generate interest for future events.
- List events on Glazer’s website, Eventbrite, and applicable social media platforms.
- Monitor and report on social media and event performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and walk extended distances.
- Ideally, at least 2 years of experience in social media marketing and event planning, preferably in a similar industry.
- Photography or Video experience is a plus.
- Likes to collaborate with team members, vendor reps, and the general public.
- Happy, positive attitude, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Basic photo and video skills for creating original content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
- Basic video editing, Adobe creative suite, CapCut, etc
- Strong graphic design skills working in Adobe creative suite, Canva, etc.
- Experience with social media management tools, event planning software, and project management tools (Trello) is a plus.
- Proficient in Eventbrite and Google Office suite.
- Strong computer file management skills.
- Shopify experience is a plus.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment with ample opportunities for professional growth and development.
Glazer’s is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are able to grow and learn better and serve our diverse community with a diverse team of employees. We value inclusiveness, and together, our life experiences, individual differences, backgrounds, and self-expression help Glazer's thrive. In our hiring practices and throughout employment, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring regardless of age (being over 40), ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of a service animal, or veteran status. We also welcome diverse backgrounds, education, opinions, culture, and languages spoken.
Submit your resume & cover letter plus any relevant examples of work in one of the following ways:
- Online application > CLICK HERE
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org