- Additional Information
FUJI XF 18MM F1.4 R LM WR
Get up close and wide open with Fujifilm’s versatile new prime lens – the high-quality, portable, and weather-resistant FUJINON XF18mmF1.4 R LM WR (XF18mmF1.4). With a focal length equivalent to 27mm, it’s the perfect choice for sprawling landscapes, the sights and sounds of the street, and everything else in between. Be ready for any creative outburst with lightning-fast autofocus, a wide F1.4 aperture, and weather resistance to allow for continued operation in dusty, moist, and freezing conditions. XF18mmF1.4 is ready to be a constant companion, wherever your adventures take you, capable of extracting every last bit of detail from any X Series mirrorless camera.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
· Realizing Your Vision with Absolute Clarity: Great images always start with a good idea, but only FUJINON lenses like XF18mmF1.4 can bring those ideas to life in full FUJIFILM color. With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27mm and a wide, versatile aperture of F1.4, photographers and filmmakers will be able to turn their vision into stunning images while getting the most from XF18mmF1.4’s remarkable resolving capabilities. Every moment matters, from the ones we find in spontaneous street adventures to the ones we discover in meticulously planned nature excursions. Regardless of the destination, XF18mmF1.4 is the obvious choice for anyone who cares about image quality as much as they do about telling stories.
· Designed to Unlock Limitless Creative Potential: It takes a lot to design and engineer a wide-angle lens that produces beautifully sharp images from corner to corner, with little-to-no distortion at the frame’s edges. XF18mmF1.4 accomplishes this difficult task by using 15 lens elements
- as well as one ED and three aspherical elements - to minimize optical aberrations. This produces an image that is not only incredibly sharp, but also perfectly complemented by the beautiful bokeh created at F1.4 by Fujinon’s renowned, rounded aperture blades. This intersection
of engineering and design provides total control over an image and opens up a wide, new world of creativity that starts with the superb separation this lens creates between a subject and its background.
· Fast, Quiet, and Smooth Focus: Bringing images into focus may require a little bit of timing and luck every now and then, but it almost always requires consistent and reliable autofocus. That’s why XF18mmF1.4 uses a linear autofocus (AF) motor to provide consistent autofocus results. This precise internal system drives all six focusing elements to deliver responsive, near-silent AF down to 7.9in (20cm) in as fast as 0.04 seconds*. For those situations that require a personal touch, the lens’ manual focusing ring provides smooth, even rotation from one end to the other.
This makes pulling focus a breeze when recording video and selective focus simple when photographing through objects like prisms and loupes. Regardless of whether you’re manually focusing or using autofocus, XF18mmF1.4 will make sure you’re ready to frame that perfect moment,
so the only luck you’ll need is being in the right place at the right time.
· A Fast Aperture Lens That Won’t Slow you Down: Measuring just 3.0in (75.6mm) in length and weighing 13.1oz (370g), XF18mmF1.4 is set to be a constant companion on any creative journey. Not only does it meet the needs of being an everyday solution, it will also be sure to delight professionals of shape and size because of its versatility and all-around performance. Sometimes a simple, lightweight solution
is all you need to get the images you’ve always wanted.
· Never Miss an Image, No Matter What the Conditions: Creativity shouldn’t stop when bad weather starts, which is why XF18mmF1.4
is designed to be resistant to the elements. A total of eight weather-resistant seals are used to allow for continued operation in dusty, moist, and freezing conditions down to -10°C (14°F), which lets you keep going when others are forced to go home. The addition of an ‘A’ position lock on the aperture ring gives extra peace of mind for those times you really need to lose yourself in the art of creating your best images.
|Product Specs||Lens configuration 15 elements in 9 groups (includes 3 aspherical and 1 ED elements) Focal length (35mm format equivalent) f=18mm (27mm) Angle of view 76.5° Max. aperture F1.4 Min. aperture F16 Aperture control Number of blades Step size 9(rounded diaphragm opening) 1/3EV (22 steps) Focus range (from the sensor surface) 0.20m - ∞ Max. magnification 0.15x Weight (approx.) (excluding the lens cap, lens hood and hood cap) 370g Filter size ø62mm|