Harness the entire view of expansive full frame lenses, and capture over 50% more image area than crop-sensor cameras. Nikon Z 5’s 24.3 MP full frame CMOS sensor produces intensively detailed images, lifelike 4K UHD video, ultra shallow depth-of-field and particularly clean low-light shots.
- 24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6 Image Processor
- UHD 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- 3.6m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Vibration Reduction
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 4.5 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Dual SD UHS-II Card Slots
Your Entry to VideoZ 5 records beautiful videos. Shoot 4K Ultra HD footage using all the advantages of mirrorless technology and the Z system’s high-performance optics.
- 231 point phase-detect autofocus
- 4K UHD/30p
- Optical VR image stabilization and electronic Vibration Reduction
- Creative Picture Controls
- Focus Peaking
- Capture stills while recording
Timelapse Made Easy
Z 5 makes it easy to create beautiful timelapse movies. Set up Z 5 on a tripod or stable surface, compose your shot, set your time interval and number of shots and let the camera do the rest. You can simultaneously create your timelapse movie in-camera and save the full resolution stills. And for longer shoots, power Z 5 with the optional USB Type C cable
Z 5 is powered by Nikon’s fast, comprehensive EXPEED 6 image processing system. It’s the secret behind the camera’s sensational photo and video quality, autofocus performance, low-light capabilities, distortion control, image clarity, color reproduction and more.
The Stability you Crave
Sharpness starts with stability, and Z 5 has one of the best in-camera image stabilization systems available. NIKKOR Z lenses activate 5-axis VR image stabilization—up to five stops* of stabilization in up to five directions: yaw, pitch, roll, X and Y. Compatible F-Mount NIKKOR lenses**—even those without built-in VR—activate 3-axis VR image stabilization. Great for stills, even better for video.
*Based on CIPA Standards. This value is achieved when the Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4S lens is attached, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.**Requires optional Mount Adapter FTZ.
In the Blink of An Iris:
Freeze time with shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 of a second—fast enough to capture moments invisible to the naked eye. When shooting with wide aperture settings for shallow depth-of-field and blurred backgrounds, that speed can also be used to control your shot’s brightness.
- Great portraits put focus on the eyes. Z 5’s powerful Eye-Detection Autofocus quickly finds your subject’s eyes—humans, cats and dogs alike—and puts them in sharp focus. It even follows them as they move behind objects in the frame.
Z 5’s sensor is practically covered in focus points—273 of them, to be precise. That means wherever your subject is within the frame, there’s almost certainly a focus point locked on them.
Flash of Genius
Z 5 is compatible with Nikon’s Creative Lighting System. Fill in shadows, make subjects stand out, enhance natural light and add artistry with an optional external Nikon Speedlight flash.