Nikon’s renowned 300mm f/2.8 professional super-telephoto lens is now reborn with second-generation Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization and Nikon’s latest lens technologies for even greater performance. The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II delivers exceptional professional results for sports photography, live performance shooting, wildlife and much more. If greater reach is needed, the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G is fully compatible with all Nikon teleconverters.
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
• Fast-aperture f/2.8 NIKKOR Super Telephoto
Wide aperture, professional telephoto performance, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness for both FX and DX-format Nikon D-SLRs—perfect for action and sports photojournalism, wildlife photography and more.
• Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
Vibration Reduction is engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens. VR II enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
• Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat
Further reduces ghosting and internal flare for even greater image clarity.
• Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide apertures.
• Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
Delivers fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing.
• Three Focus Modes
A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
• Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
• AF Memory Recall
Allows instant return to a predetermined point of focus.
• Rugged Construction
Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
• Close Focusing to 7.2 feet
Focus to 7.2 feet in manual focus or 7.5 feet in autofocus, enabling striking image perspectives.
• Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.