- Additional Information
The EOS R6 full-frame mirrorless camera is designed to meet the demands of both photographers and video content creators who want a strong and versatile camera to keep up with their active lives. It can go from photographing high-speed action sports to filming 4K cinematic video with ease thanks to its high-performance CMOS sensor and DIGIC X image processor.
The EOS R6 features the same base image sensor and image processor as the EOS-1D X Mark III, enabling a native ISO range of 100-102,400. With high-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with the Mechanical shutter and up to 20 fps with Electronic "silent" shutter, the EOS R6 can keep up with just about any fast moving subject. Combined with the new Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system with approx. 100% coverage of the frame, and 1,053 Automatic AF Zones, the EOS R6 will confidently follow elusive subjects at 20 fps for sharp images. Tracking subjects is easy and intuitive with the ability to track people using Eye, Face and Head Detection AF, or when tracking the whole body, face or eye of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF. With the new 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilizer, up to 8-stops of shake correction is possible with both non-stabilized and optically image-stabilized lenses, opening up many more creative opportunities for incredibly stable lower light photo or video content creation. Those looking for creative cinematic video options will appreciate frame rates including 4K 60P and Full HD 120P with the option of internally recorded 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log or HDR-PQ recording. And the inclusion of Dual SDXC UHS-II card slots combined with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® allows for multiple transfer and automatic backup options, making the EOS R6 ready when you are.
- High Image Quality featuring a 20 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-102400; Expandable to 204800.
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering Approx. 100% Area with 1,053 AF Areas.
- Subject tracking of People and Animals* using Deep Learning Technology.
- 4K up to 60fps, 1080p up to 120fps 10-bit 4:2:2 with Canon Log or HDR PQ, Internal Recording in all Formats, with Auto Focus.
- In-body Image Stabilizer can provide up to 8 stops of Shake Correction**.
- Built-in 0.5” 3.69 Million Dots OLED EVF with Approx. 120fps Refresh Rate^1, Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen.
- Dual UHS-II SD Memory Card Slots.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®^, Bluetooth^^ Technology.
- Enhanced Operating Controls.
- Impressive Durability.
* Effectiveness varies depending on the subject. In some cases, dogs, cats or birds may not be detected, while some animals other than dogs, cats or birds may be detected.
** When combined with certain IS lenses such as the RF24-105mm F4 IS L USM, or when used with certain non-IS lenses as well.
^1. Display may be grainier.
^ Compatible with iOS® versions 9.3/10.3/11.2-11.4/12.4/13.2, Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 5.0/5.1/6.0/7.0/7.1/8.0/8.1/9.0/10. Data charges may apply with the
download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
^^ Compatible with select smartphone and tablet devices (Android™ version 5.0 or later and the following iOS® devices: iPhone 4s or later, iPad 3rd gen. or later, iPod Touch 5th gen. or later) equipped with Bluetooth® version 4.1 or later and the Camera Connect App Ver. 2.5.10. This application is not guaranteed to operate on all listed devices, even if minimum requirements are met.