Laser Trigger LV5
Cactus LV5 is a laser trigger that allows you to do high speed photography and wildlife camera traps. Whether you are interested in capturing beautiful water droplets, facial expressions of athletes at the finish line from multiple angles, or wildlife movements caught in the act, the LV5 Laser Trigger can create unforgettable images with ease.
Laser and Radio Trigger
With over a year of research and development, Cactus created a device that is unique in the market: it combined laser and radio frequency technology in one compact package. Aside from a light stand, tripod and a shutter release cable for your camera, the LV5 is all you need to capture that specific spectacle. Weighting at just over 300 grams and requiring only four (4) AAA batteries to power both the LV5 Emitter and Sensor, it is possibly the most versatile laser trigger to date.
Cactus V5, V6 and RF60 Compatible
The LV5 is a Class 1 laser device that triggers your camera’s shutter either by direct wired connection or wirelessly via the embedded Cactus RF module. Since the LV5 runs on the same channels as the V5, V6, V6 II, V6 IIs, RF60 and RF60X, it can also trigger flash units with V5 and V6 series transceivers or directly to an RF60 series flash, which is a very convenient way for high-speed photography.
Trap & Escape
Trap Mode and Escape Mode are the two triggering modes of the LV5. Just like their names, Trap Mode captures an image when the laser is broken by an object. Whilst in Escape Mode it happens when the object leaves the laser and signal is detected by the Sensor. The camera can take a single shot or multiple shots as desired.
Delay & Freeze Timers
What makes the LV5 unique and desirable is the ability to customize Delay and Freeze periods. This gives precise control over the exact time the camera releases the shutter after detecting an event. There are 15 selectable time delays. The Delay period can be set from 1ms to 400ms while the Freeze period is from 20ms to 4 seconds.
- Additional Information
Glazer's SKU 26068 Manufacturer No MFG SKU CACLV5 Features
- Duo Mode Triggering (DMT). Cactus LV5 can be triggered by: (1) blocking the transmission between the laser Emitter and Sensor; or (2) removing the object between the laser Emitter and Sensor;
- Works wirelessly with Cactus V5 and subsequent V5-compatible models. Cactus LV5 combines laser and radio frequency (RF) technology in a single device. With a built-in Cactus V5 transceiver module in the Sensor, LV5 allows you to take instant camera photos with unlimited number of portable flashes, wirelessly!
- Long working distance. The working distance between the laser Emitter and the Sensor is up to 150 meters.
- Works under sunlight. The LV5 not only works under ambient light, its intelligent design also allows it to work under sunlight.
- Supports single and continuous shots. Supports bulb shot. The LV5 offers endless possibilities for your creative works.
- Shutter Delay and Freeze: Shutter delay and post- shutter freeze period adjustable in 15 divisions.
In The Box
Cactus LV5 Laser Trigger
2 x Delay/Freeze Sticker
CA-100 PC Sync Male to 3.5mm Cable
CA-350 3.5mm to 3.5mm Cable
4 x AAA Batteries
Product Specs Frequency 2.4 GHz Range Sensor to Emitter
Up to 492' (150 m) in dark environment
Up to 66' (20 m) under strong and direct sunlight
1-328' (0.3-100.0 m)
Channels 16 Laser Type Class 1 Laser Frequency 500 Hz
Flash Synch Speeds Up to 1/1000 sec Tilt 20° down to 65° up Port 3.5 mm shutter release Voltage Camera Voltage Handling: 0-6 V Certifications RoHS Operating Temperature -4 to 122°F (-20 to 50°C) Power Requirements Emitter: 2 or 4 x AAA 1.5 V batteries
Sensor: 2 or 4 x AAA 1.5 V batteries
Battery Life Emitter: 40 hours with 2 AAA or 80 hours with 4 AAA
Sensor, Standby: 90 hours with 2 AAA or 180 hours with 4 AAA
Sensor, Trap Operation: 85 hrs with 2 AAA or 175 hours with 4 AAA
Sensor, Escape Operation: 60 hours with 2 AAA or 125 hours with 4 AAA
Dimensions Emitter: 3.6 x 3.1 x 3.7" (92 x 80 x 93 mm)
Sensor with Hood: 6.0 x 3.4 x 3.7" (153 x 80 x 93 mm)
Weight Emitter: 4.8 oz (135 g)
Sensor with Hood: 6.2 oz (175 g)